Weekly Newsletter 9/25/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
We’re winding down the month, looking to the end of the first quarter (already!), and will start to see the first hints of fall this week. That means things are picking up at St. Paul, making for full calendars. Please see this week’s email for a number of important dates and announcements. Feel free to pick up a hard copy of the newsletter from the School Office, if that helps keep track of it all!
- Today: Football practice from 4-5:30 PM.
- Tomorrow: Travel forms are due (pink) for Wednesday’s games.
- Tomorrow: Lion Football hosts First Baptist, Caldwell. Game at 5 PM. NOTE: Volleyball games were cancelled.
- Wednesday: Lions travel to Zion, Walburg. Departure 3:15 PM from St. Paul. JV Girls and Football at 4:30 PM. Varsity Girls at 5:30 PM.
- Thursday: Cheer Practice 4-5 PM.
- Thursday: Varsity Volleyball practice 5-6:30 PM.
- Friday: Robotics Club email due to Mrs. Garcia by Friday (see below).
- Friday/Saturday: JV Volleyball travels to Salem Lutheran, Tomball for Invitational Tournament. Departure from St. Paul at 12:50 PM (after girls have had chance to eat lunch). See BAND app for details from coaches about arrival expectations at Salem.
- Sunday: Registration fees increase for Reformation Run (see below).
- Monday, OCT 2: PTF Meeting at 6:04 PM. Child care available in gym for students Pre-K 3 and up. Which class will have the most parents in attendance?!? The 5-6 Grade certainly appreciated their reward for having the most parents at the last meeting!
- Tuesday, OCT 3: Lions host St. Paul, Serbin. Varsity Volleyball at 4 PM. JV Volleyball and Football at 5 PM. Concession sign up HERE.
- Thursday, OCT 5: Lions host St. Paul, Brenham. JV Volleyball at 4 PM. Football at 5 PM. Concession sign up HERE.
- Friday, OCT 8: Registration deadline for Camp Lone Star Retreat.
- Wednesday, OCT 10: PSIA sign up forms due by 4 PM (see below). No exceptions, even if your student has participated in a particular event before.
NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- It’s PSIA time! PSIA (Private Schools Interscholastic Association) is our school’s competitive academic enrichment program, similar to the state’s UIL. Students in grades 1-8 are encouraged to participate.Informational packets and registration forms (DUE OCT 10!) are being sent home today. Information will also be available on the Praxi Parent Portal. PSIA practices are scheduled to start around NOV 1, and will be announced to participating students closer to that time. Our program is highly successful, resulting in recent (overall) District Meet wins and individual state wins, but it relies on volunteer power. Volunteer coaches
(parents, grandparents, and friends)
- Art Memory – Grades 4-8
- Creative Writing – Grades 1-2
- Impromptu Speaking – Grades 7-8
- Informational Skills (Pilot Program) – Grades 7-8
- Poetry Interpretation – Grades 3-8
- Ready Writing – Grades 3-8
- Storytelling – Grades 1-3
- A letter is being sent home to some students this week, to confirm their baptism date and allow us to include them in the monthly chapel celebration. If you receive this letter, please complete and return.
- Announcing the new St. Paul Robotics Club! An email and information was sent home Friday regarding our newest enrichment program. Students in grades K-8 are welcomed to join us as we begin this new endeavor. Email Mrs. Garcia by Friday if your child is interested in participating. Include child name, grade, and if you would be available to assists as a volunteer coach. More information will be shared at the upcoming PTF meeting on OCT 2.
- Camp Lone Star Fall Retreat is OCT 13-15! Registration deadline is OCT 8. Don’t miss out on this year’s fall retreat for all youth in 2nd-8th grade. From canoeing, to hiking, to challenge courses, to swimming and even a giant slip-n-slide, there is sure to be plenty to make this a memorable event for your child. The group will car pool to Camp Lone Star in La Grange on Friday, October 13 and will stay through Sundaymorning, October 15. Parents are welcomed and invited to participate in all activities (and serve as chauffeurs). Pastor Aaron will also lead several Bible studies for each age group. The cost is $76 per person, child or adult. This cost includes meals and lodging. Registration packets are available in the School Office. Email Pr. Aaron for questions or more information.
- Concordia High School, Austin, is hosting a Prospective Parent Dinner on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 6 PM. The dinner will be held at their current campus, and includes visits with current students and families about the Concordia High School family. Parents of St. Paul students in grades 5-8 are invited to learn more about Concordia and continuing your child’s Christian education at a Lutheran high school. RSVP online at chsaustin.org. The campus is located at 1500 Royston Lane, Round Rock, TX 78664.
- On your mark. Get set! Go! It’s time to register for the St. Paul Reformation Run! Registration fees increase OCT 1! We are hosting a 5K Run/Walk and Kids 1K on Saturday, October 28. This October marks the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation, when we remember Martin Luther’s nailing of the 95 Theses — calling the church then, and reminding us now, to reflect on our faith and actions, and remember that it is All About Jesus. It’s 2017, and, yes, it is Still All About Jesus! Forms in the office, or register online. Register early and save!
- St. Paul will offer a supervised Child Watch for potty-trained toddlers and older. Event is Saturday, OCT 28 here at the gym from 5 PM-12 AM. Many families who plan to attend the Little Blessings Giveaway typically make use of this event for their babysitting needs, but it is open to any family who would like to take part! Details, including cost, what to bring, etc. is on the registration form in the office. RSVP deadline (either form/payment or email RSVP) is OCT 27.
- The Thorndale Police Department invites you! The National Night Out in Thorndale will be Tuesday, OCT 3 at the Thorndale City Park from 6-8 PM.
Serving Him and You,