Weekly Newsletter 9/18/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
It’s School Picture Week! Don’t forget to return your forms and payment for both individual pictures and sports (5-8 Grades) pictures. We will take pictures on Wednesday morning. Retakes, for those who are absent or forgot to smile, will be announced at a later date. There is room for one more parent volunteer to help our Lions shine bright from 8-11:30 AM Wednesday. Lunch is on us and you receive a generous photo package discount for your help. If we can count on you, please reply to this email to claim the spot.
- Today: Football practice from 4-5:30 PM.
- Today: Varsity Volleyball practice from 4:15-6:00 PM.
- Wednesday: School pictures! Make sure you have your form(s) and payment(s) for individual and sports photos (5-8 Grades). Lion athletes should be sure to have their uniforms here in the morning.
- Wednesday: Lions host St. Helen’s, Georgetown. Varsity Girls at 4:30 PM. JV Girls and Football at 5:30 PM. Concession volunteers sign up HERE.
- Friday: Lions host St. Mary’s, Taylor. Varsity Girls at 4:00 PM. JV Girls and Football at 5:00 PM. Concession volunteers sign up HERE.
NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- The Thorndale Police Department has asked us to pass along notice of a bat found on the St. Paul grounds. The bat was too decomposed to test for rabies. We have no reason to believe that any student was near the bat, as it was found behind a building. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware and more cautious. If you, or your child thinks they may have been in contact with the bat, please contact us immediately. This is also a good time to remind everyone, especially our students, to stay away from any bat or other animal they may come across, either here or at home.
- Concordia High School, Austin, is hosting a Prospective Parent Dinner on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 6 PM. The dinner will be held at their current campus, and includes visits with current students and families about the Concordia High School family. Parents of St. Paul students in grades 5-8 are invited to learn more about Concordia and continuing your child’s Christian education at a Lutheran high school. RSVP online at chsaustin.org. The campus is located at 1500 Royston Lane, Round Rock, TX 78664.
- On your mark. Get set! Go! It’s time to register for the St. Paul Reformation Run! We are hosting a 5K Run/Walk and Kids 1K on Saturday, October 28. This October marks the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation, when we remember Martin Luther’s nailing of the 95 Theses — calling the church then, and reminding us now, to reflect on our faith and actions, and remember that is is All About Jesus. It’s 2017, and, yes, it is Still All About Jesus! Forms in the office, or register online. Register early and save! Fees increase October 1, so don’t delay!
Serving Him and You,