Weekly Newsletter 9/11/17
Summertime is still here, and we sure are enjoying the sunshine! We have been fortunate and blessed for good weather when we have needed it, and we continue to pray for those who have been impacted by recent storms. Remember that the chapel offerings for this quarter are dedicated to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
It’s a BIG week at St. Paul!
- The Book Fair is bustling in the East Wing. Our Lions made their “Wish Lists” today, so check backpacks and discuss/determine what you will allow them to purchase independently. Book Fair is open Tuesday 9-4:30, Wednesday 8-4:30, Thursday 2-6, and Friday 8-12.
- Today: Football practice from 4-5:30 PM.
- Tonight: PTF Kickoff Rally at 6:04 PM! Please join us as we launch another great year of St. Paul support. We’ve all been “new” to St. Paul, and we welcome you to jump in and learn/work right alongside us. We promise no more than an hour of meeting time to make a lasting impact. Grandparents and St. Paul friends welcome, too! Door prizes and childcare for Pre-K 3 and up.
- Tomorrow: RSVP forms and payment for Grandparent’s Day Lunch are DUE TO THE OFFICE BY 10 AM, so we can prepare accordingly.
- Tomorrow: Blue and white day! Lions travel to St. Paul, Serbin for games. Departure at 2:45 PM. TRAVEL FORMS WERE DUE TODAY. If you are driving, please be in the cafeteria by 2:45 PMfor ride assignments, instructions, and departure prayer. Don’t forget uniforms and each athlete is asked to bring their own water bottle.
- Wednesday: Grandparent’s Day Lunch (served at 11:30 and 12:30). All guests are asked to check in at “Welcome!” table in cafeteria upon arrival. Book Fair will be open for shopping with your student following their lunch. It’s definitely one of our favorite days around here. We can’t wait to see you!
- Thursday: Lion volleyball home openers vs. Bastrop Tribe. Varsity Girls at 4 PM and JV Girls at 5 PM. Concession stand will be open and volunteers needed! Sign up to help HERE.
- Saturday: Lions JV Volleyball travels to Immanuel, Giddings for the Round Robin Invitational. See BAND app for arrival time/instructions from coaches.
- Sunday: K-3rd Grade sings at 10:15 AM Worship service. We look forward to hearing this sweet ministry!
- Sunday: Junior Youth Fellowship (JYF) kicks off for our 5-8 graders and their friends. Join Pr. Scott in the St. Paul gym from 3-4:30 PM for fellowship and Bible study on friendship.
Notes and Announcements:
- Remember that you can see account balances and make payments for tuition, lunches, and more in the Praxi portal. Parents of students in Grades 1-8 can also keep an eye on grades by looking at Classes>Grades (separate links at the top of that page for siblings).
- Classes are dismissed at 3:45 PM each day, and students should be picked up then. Any student not picked up by 4 PM, and not in the care of a teacher or coach for tutoring or practice, will be signed into the After School program at 4 PM, and incur an $8 charge for that day, even if for only a few minutes. This allows us to ensure the campus is clear and students (as needed) are in specific care before we close the campus or begin after school meetings. If you are running late and need your student to go to After School until you can get here after 4 PM, please call the office so we can be sure that the message is received and relayed.
- Congratulations to our Lions Football team on their victory last week over Grace, Brenham! What an outstanding way to start your season!
- Congratulations to our Varsity Volleyball Lions on their 3rd place finish this weekend at the Immanuel, Giddings tournament! Way to go, Lions!
After about a month of the whole back-to-school “thing,” our students can sometimes start to feel worn down or show less enthusiasm for school or classwork. Please continue to pray for our students and staff as they work to establish procedures, schedules, and routines that encourage the growth of Christian students and leaders, and help them know that in all things, and at all times, they are loved. This is also an excellent time for parents and guardians to try and meet with teachers to better understand expectations, catch issues early, and ensure all are on the same page early in the semester, allowing plenty of time to address needs or concerns before it becomes more difficult to correct. My door is always open if there are ways I can be of encouragement to your student.
Serving Him and You,