Weekly Newsletter 8/29/17
We pray you and your loved ones have fared well over the long weekend. The suffering of our neighbors pales in comparison to many of our own burdens, and we know that we will be called upon for continued prayer, concern, and action over the coming weeks and months. In addition to your many prayers, please see a list of immediate service opportunities, below, after important school updates.
- Today — ALL GAMES CANCELED. First Baptist, Caldwell is still dealing with flooding issues and clean-up. Volleyball will, instead, have practice at their regular times.
- Friday — 2016-2017 yearbooks are here! We will distribute yearbooks and have a signing party from 3-3:30 PM. Students who were here last year have already paid for their copy as part of the Lion Pride Fee. We will contact students who have graduated or transferred from St. Paul to let them know when their copy will be available for pick up. There will be very few extras available for purchase ($15) from the office.
- Next Wednesday — School picture day! In addition to taking individual pictures, we will also take volleyball and football pictures. Forms will be sent home tomorrow.
- SEP 11-15 — Annual Book Fair in East Wing. Stay tuned for more information and a call to volunteer and support student literacy.
- SEP 13 — Grandparent’s Day Luncheon. Registration information coming soon! Yes, Book Fair will be open for grandparents.
HOW TO SERVE:
These are just a few immediate opportunities to help those in need. We have received word throught the Texas District of the LCMS that the City of Austin has just been told 7,000 more evacuees are being sent this way. Once the District office knows what specific items are needed, and where they can be delivered or stored, they will let us know and we can share with you. In the meantime:
- Donate to local efforts to gather items needed in shelters. St. Paul has opened its doors to serve as a drop off location for these items. Please bag and clearly label “Stiles’ Mission” for pick up. Most immediate needs include NEW undergarments and socks (in original packaging) for adults and children, NEW bras or undergarments of all sizes, packages of toilet paper.
- Thorndale ISD is working to collect items. Diapers (for children and adults), wipes, formula, hygiene products (including feminine hygiene supplies), shoes, towels, clothes (no heavy jackets), school supplies, and clean-up supplies such as rakes/brooms/mops/buckets/
soap/paper towels/etc. are also needed. Drop off between 8-4 at TISD Admin building this week.
- For more information about how you can help, including cash donations, please visit https://txlcms.org/how-can-i-
- For other information and ideas to support both those in need, and those working to rescue or rebuild, click here.
Serving Him and You,
Courtney Fisher, School Secretary