Weekly Newsletter 8/21/17
Wow! Thank you for starting us off on the right foot (or, Lion paw!) with a fantastic first few days of school. While we continue to put the finishing touches on routines and procedures, we thank you for your family’s commitment to a Christian education. The amazing turnout at our annual Back-to-School Social yesterday, which, may I add, is sponsored and produced entirely by volunteers, only highlights the energy and excitement of the St. Paul family for another great year.
This is the first of the weekly emails sent to all school families from our school office. Important dates, reminders, and announcements will be found in this email. Hard copies of the email, and any attachments or resources embedded, can be found in the school office. This email is also sent to a number of grandparents St. Paul alumni, and community friends as a way to keep up with everything at our busy, busy school. If you or someone you know would like to be added to the “Friends of St. Paul” distribution list, please forward name, address, and email address to the office.
- Today — Football practice 4:00-5:30 PM
- Tonight — Parent Night for all Lion athletes — 6 PM in gym
- Wednesday — Football practice 4:00-5:30 PM
- Thursday — Volleyball practice for JV (4:15-5:45 PM) and V (5:45-7:15 PM)
- Friday — Annual Jr. High Lock In for central Texas Lutheran churches and schools! All 6-8 grade students welcomed, regardless of your home church. Depart St. Paul 8 PM for Redeemer Lutheran Church, Austin. Worship, then head to Austin’s Park and Pizza until 6 AM. Back to St. Paul by 7:30 AM. $25 per student. Drivers and chaperones needed! Details and permission slip in office. Contact Pr. Scott for more information.
- Sunday — St. Paul Sunday School Rally. Parents and students in grades Pre-K 3 through Grade 8 meet in the sanctuary at 9:15 AM for a welcome and kick-off for the new year! Meet your teachers and hear all about the exciting new Sunday School program at St. Paul. See you here!
- Monday — PTF Rally at 6:04 PM. All St. Paul school parents are automatic members of our Parent, Teacher, and Friend Organization. New families and even those who have been to a meeting, or two, are welcomed! Shake a hand, learn about the behind-the-scenes magic, and find your niche as we work together to make St. Paul an awesome place for our kids! We promise no more than an hour of your time. Childcare provided for Pre-K 3 and up in gym.
NOTES AND REMINDERS:
- August lunch menu is posted in the Praxi parent portal (OTHER>RESOURCES) and hard copies are available in the office.
- All Pre-K students MUST BE SIGNED OUT OF THE OFFICE daily. Please see the clipboard in the office — initial next to their name each day. Mrs. Fisher is happy to show you this simple step, which is a licensing requirement by the state of Texas.
- Signature pages from the St. Paul Parent and Student Handbook and the St. Paul Pre-K Handbook are due by AUG 31. Please return the required pages (one per family as applicable) to the teacher or the office.
Serving Him and You,
Courtney Fisher, School Secretary