Weekly Newsletter 5/8/17
The finish line is in sight! Before we race through to summer, we have two busy, and important, weeks ahead. Please stay focused on studies and final tests (including STAAR testing this week), projects, and assignments in your house, in order that we finish the year on a high note.
Speaking of high notes, our PSIA competitors shined this weekend at the state competition at TCU. Hard work by students, coaches, and families paid off, as 11 Lions earned 12 medals for finishing in first through sixth place! These accomplishments also earned us points as a school, and St. Paul ended high in the rankings out of 150 schools across Texas…Elementary ranked 6th, and Middle School ranked 8th! Congrats to all competitors who should be proud of earning your way to state. Those students earning a state medal include:
- Reina King (8th Grade) – 3rd Place in 6/7/8 Grade Calculator Applications
- Logan Davis (7th Grade) – 6th Place in 6/7/8 Grade Calculator Applications
- Emmerson Fisher (7th Grade) – 1st Place 7 Grade Science; 1st Place 6/7/8 Grade Dictionary Skills
- Emily Owen (6th Grade) – 4th Place 6 Grade Vocabulary
- Dawson Gillmore (6th Grade) – 5th Place 6 Grade Vocabulary
- Jenna Frias (5th Grade) – 6th Place 5 Grade Prose Interpretation
- Bella Qualls (4th Grade) – 3rd Place 4 Grade Ready Writing
- Kyla Daniell (3rd Grade) – 3rd Place 3 Grade Storytelling
- Ethan Kalbas (2nd Grade) – 3rd Place 2 Grade Storytelling
- Grant Van West (2nd Grade) – 2nd Place 2 Grade Spelling
- Reagan Cooper (1st Grade) – 6th Place 1 Grade Creative Writing
CALENDAR UPDATES for this week:
- Wednesday – Mid-week chapel service will be at 8:30 AM, due to the funeral for Josh Spiers, to be held here at 2 PM. Please continue to lift the Spiers family in your prayers this week and in the weeks to come.
- Thursday – 5/6 Grade Field Trip to San Antonio. Please see details from Mrs. Garcia for travel itinerary and other instructions.
- Friday – Kinder and 1 Grade Field Trip to Innerspace Caverns and Georgetown. Please see details from Mrs. Autrey and Ms. May for travel itinerary and other instructions.
- Friday – 8 Grade Kickball Tournament 12:30 – 3:00 PM.
- Sunday – Graduation speeches begin — 8th graders will speak at both worship services.
CALENDAR UPDATES for NEXT week:
- Next Monday — 2nd Grade Field Trip. Please see details from Mrs. Gonzales for permission form, travel itinerary, and other instructions.
- Next Wednesday — Confirmation questioning at 7 PM in the church sanctuary.
- Next Thursday — Graduation for Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, and 8th Grade in the church sanctuary. PLEASE NOTE: This is a different start time than in previous years. There will be a cake and punch reception for all graduates and their families in the East Wing, immediately following the ceremony.
- Next Friday — Last day of school! Noon dismissal for all students (no full-day Pre-K, no lunches, and no after school program).
- Next Sunday — Confirmation at the 10:15 AM worship service.
- God’s blessings continue to flow upon St. Paul as He answers our prayers. Mrs. Lindsey Autrey has resigned her position as our Kindergarten teacher, effective this summer, allowing her to focus on her young family. A call committee recently interviewed candidates, and we are pleased to welcome Mrs. Hannah Gerren to our St. Paul faculty family. Mrs. Gerren comes to us with six years of teaching experience and excited to begin this role as our Kindergarten teacher. Mrs. Gerren is the wife of Chris Gerren (head coach for our boys’ basketball teams) and has two daughters, Ansley and Cadence. Welcome, Mrs. Gerren!
- Registration is now open for the Fall 2017 Bulldog Youth Cheerleaders. This is geared towards girls who will be Kinder-6th Grade next fall. Form and fees are due this month — deadlines and details are on the registration form (copies are available in the office).
- May tuition is due. Please also pay any installments for multi-student registration fees and bring lunch accounts current. Remember, lunch balances can carry over to the next school year in Praxi.
- Last call for Box Tops! June 1 is a BIG expiration date, so check your Tops and send now!
- St. Paul Vacation Bible School is June 5-9 from 9 AM – Noon daily. Registration information is available in the office.
- St. Paul will host a basketball camp, led by Concordia High School’s (Austin) coaching team, June 12-16. Boys and girls entering grades 5-9 next year are welcome (from St. Paul and from our local community). Forms available in the office.