Weekly Newsletter 5/1/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
Only two more Mondays at school, for those of you keeping track at home. We can definitely tell that we are nearing the end, and it’s easy to feel our version of “senior-itis” around here. But, please continue to help keep your student focused and diligent on their studies and responsibilities, in order that they may finish strong and fully-appreciate the fruits of their year-long work!
- This week: Final PSIA practice continues for our state-bound participants. Please see communications from coaches regarding practices, and information from Mrs. Gonzales regarding state travel, schedule, and volunteer details.
- Tuesday: Algebra End-of-Course STAAR test.
- Thursday: Pre-K Field Trip. See information from Mrs. Meadors or Mrs. Brymer for travel details, plans, etc.
- Friday: State-bound PSIA contestants and their siblings may leave at noon (without an absence) for travel. Go, Lions!
- Saturday: State PSIA competition at Texas Christian University.
- Next Week: 6-8 Grade STAAR testing.
NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Please return your spring or graduation photos or payment NOW.
- May lunch menu is attached.
- May tuition is now due. Please also pay any installments for multi-student registration fees and bring lunch accounts current. (Lunch balances can carry over to the next school year in Praxi.)
- Graduation for Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, and 8th Grade is Thursday, May 18 at 5:30 PM (in the church sanctuary). PLEASE NOTE: This is a different start time than in previous years. There will be a cake and punch reception for all graduates and their families in the East Wing, immediately following the ceremony.
- 6th Grade Families, please see email from Jennifer Owen regarding your graduation reception hosting opportunity.
- We love Box Tops! Please continue to send your Box Tops to school, as our Coordinators, Lion Parents Mr. and Mrs. Schramm, will sort, cut, and submit throughout the year. A note from the Schramm’s: Saving Box Tops is easy, and when we all save, it adds up! Turn in your Box Tops throughout the year, as waiting until you have a large quantity typically means some of those have expired. June 1 is a BIG expiration date, so check your Tops and send now! Encourage your family and friends to save and submit, as we are happy to send them all in and help our school.
- St. Paul Vacation Bible School is June 5-9 from 9 AM – Noon daily. Registration information was sent home or is available in the office. Deadline for entry in the early registration drawing is Wednesday!
- St. Paul will host a basketball camp, led by Concordia High School’s (Austin) coaching team, June 12-16. Boys and girls entering grades 5-9 next year are welcome. Forms available in the office.
- May 4 — Pre K Field Trip
- May 6 – State PSIA Competition at TCU (Ft. Worth)
- May 11 — Grades 5-6 Field Trip
- May 12 — Kindergarten and 1st Grade Field Trip
- May 12 — 8th Grade Kickball Tournament
- May 15 — Grade 2 Field Trip
- May 17 — Confirmation Questioning
- May 18 — Graduation (Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, 8th Grade) at 5:30 PM – Reception to follow
- May 19 — Last Day of School — release at noon
- May 21 — Confirmation
- June 5-9 – Vacation Bible School
- June 12-16 – Basketball Camp at SPL for incoming 5-9th graders. Registration forms in office.
Serving Him and You,
St. Paul Lutheran Church and School
101 N 3rd St., PO Box 369, Thorndale, TX 76577
Phone (512) 898-2711
Fax (512) 898-5298
My office hours are M-F, 7:30 am-1:00 pm and 3:00-4:00 pm