Weekly Newsletter 4/18/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
Field Day is almost here! On Friday, St. Paul will host our 39th Annual Field Day, with 1,000 visitors from 11 competing schools. It’s a memory-making ALL PAWS ON DECK event, depending strictly on the fantastic help and support of our school families, our church congregation, and 200 volunteers.
- HEADS-UP FOR STUDENTS: Field Day practice after school TODAY from 4-5 PM for 3-8 Grade students who wish to get in a little extra time on the field. Lion parents Mr. Martinka, Mr. Robinson, and Mrs. Preusse will join Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. Williamson, and Mrs. Meadors to lead students through practice.
- WE NEED YOU! Tomorrow (after school until done) is Field Prep and Set-Up. It is absolutely imperative that we have volunteers show up to help with this! You can earn all of your super-secret “Volunteer Points” this week with your help!
- WE NEED YOU! Thursday (4:30 until done) is Concession Prep and Set-Up. Miss your chance on Wednesday? Join us Thursday evening to get things ready and help keep Friday’s visitors from getting hangry!
- REMINDERS FOR FRIDAY:
- Event Schedule and Concession Shifts for 3-8 Grade are attached. Hard copies also available in the office.
- Remember, NO SCHOOL FOR PRE-K THROUGH 2ND GRADE ON FRIDAY. Our youngest Lions are welcome to come cheer for us, but for their safety, they MUST BE SUPERVISED by an adult at all times.
- Brownies, cookies, or rice krispie treats from K-2 Grade families may be dropped off in the office on Thursday, or at the concession on Friday.
- Grades 3-8 should arrive to the gym by 8:30 AM, and stay in the gym with their class when they arrive. Students will be responsible for making sure they are at their events on time to compete. Blue St. Paul shirt and good tennis shoes, please!
- Guests are welcome to join us for Field Day! Opening Ceremonies are at 9 AM in the gym, followed by events all day long.
- Tents are welcomed along the perimeter of the north field.
- Bring sunscreen, cash for the concessions (including world-famous hamburgers!), and your Lion spirit!
NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Spring Pictures are arriving this week! They will be sent home once they are all in and sorted. Your child’s individual picture and graduation picture (Pre-K 4, Kinder, and 8th) are NOT PAID FOR. Either return payment for these, or send back the entire package. Sports, cheer, and class/school pictures were prepaid.
- End-of-the-Year Sports Banquet is Wednesday, April 26 at Gattiland in Taylor. Arrive at 6 PM for buffet, with short program at 6:30 PM.
- Last chance at Lion Gear (t-shirts, caps, and sweatshirts) for sale in the office. Keep in mind students (and typically, parents or guardians) will need to wear St. Paul shirts for field trips and field days, and your children may have grown into a new size this year! Email or call me with a heads-up of what you need, so I check the limited supply and see if we can help.
- Graduation for Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, and 8th Grade is Thursday, May 18 at 5:30 PM (in the church sanctuary). PLEASE NOTE: This is a different start time than in previous years. There will be a cake and punch reception for all graduates and their families in the East Wing, immediately following the ceremony.
- St. Paul will host a basketball camp, led by Concordia High School’s (Austin) coaching team, June 12-16.Boys and girls entering grades 5-9 next year are welcome. Forms available in the office.
IMPORTANT DATES – please review, as new dates are added:
- April 21 — St. Paul Field Day — No school for Pre-K through 2nd Grade
- April 28 — Grades 3-4 Field Trip
- May 4 — Pre K Field Trip
- May 6 – State PSIA Competition at TCU (Ft. Worth)
- May 11 — Grades 5-6 Field Trip
- May 12 — Kindergarten and 1st Grade Field Trip
- May 12 — 8th Grade Kickball Tournament
- May 15 — Grade 2 Field Trip
- May 17 — Confirmation Questioning
- May 18 — Graduation (Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, 8th Grade) at 5:30 PM – Reception to follow
- May 19 — Last Day of School — release at noon
- May 21 — Confirmation
- June 5-9 – Vacation Bible School
- June 12-16 – Basketball Camp at SPL for incoming 5-9th graders.
My office hours are M-F, 7:30 am-1:00 pm and 3:00-4:00 pm