Weekly Newsletter 12/18/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
This week was going to be a special one for Mrs. Garcia. She planned to enjoy her baby shower and say goodbye to her students, but this week quickly became special for another reason. Aaron James Garcia decided to make an early appearance this past Sundaymorning! Mom, Baby Aaron, and the entire Garcia family are doing well. We praise God for the miracle of life and the gift He has bestowed upon the Garcia family. Mrs. Williamson and Mrs. Melcher will be covering the middle school this week, as we wind down the semester and continue to practice for our Christmas Eve program.
One of our young couples at St. Paul, Harli and George Stefek, are leading a course for Financial Peace University this January in Thorndale. Melanie and I did an earlier edition of this back in 2005 when Pr. Mann was the facilitator. It was amazing. Every married couple, those planning to marry, or even young adults should strongly consider participating in the course. Not only does this program present knowledge to change you, it provides a peace that spills over into all aspects of your life. The nine-week course startsSunday, JAN 7 at 5:30 PM (in the East Wing). Childcare can be provided for parents of young children. For more information, call Harli at (512) 992-9675 or register/purchase your course materials at http://www.fpu.com/1051613.
Don’t forget! The DVD’s from our recent Christmas Musical are here. These DVD’s contain all performances from the Friday, DEC 1 show (Pre-K through 8thGrade). Copies are $5 each, and are available in the office while supplies last.
- Wednesday, DEC 20: Christmas Parties & noon release. Party details were sent home, are on the Praxi portal, or hard copies in the office. Gift exchange instructions should be sent from your teacher.
- Thursday, DEC 21 – Tuesday, JAN 2: Christmas Break
- Sunday, DEC 24 — Christmas Eve:
- 10:15 AM Worship Service – Only one service. There is no Early Worship, Sunday School, or Bible Class.
- 6 PM Christmas Eve Worship Service – Participating students should arrive to the East Wing by 5:45 PM, dressed in their Sunday best.
- No Candlelight Worship Service.
- Monday, DEC 25 – Christmas Day – Worship Service at 9 AM.
- Sunday, DEC 31 – New Year’s Eve – Worship Services at 8 AM and 10:15 AM. Sunday School and Bible Class at 9:15 AM. There is NO New Year’s Day Service.
- JAN 5-6: St. Paul Varsity Basketball Tournament. We welcome sponsors to help us make this event a success! Sponsor forms are available in the office or on the Praxi portal. Parents of Lion athletes should look for the concession work schedule soon!
NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Please pay all tuition, fees, and lunch balances, to help us with year-end close out.
- Faculty and Staff “Favorites” are available for anyone who may be shopping for gifts. See the file at Mrs. Fisher’s desk (you can snap a pic with your phone or request a copy).
- Last call for cast pictures from the musical! Contact Mrs. Fisher to see what options are available for your child.
- Check our Lost and Found in the cafeteria! Any items not picked up by DEC 20 will be donated to charity.
- Thorndale Cares Food Drive: Thank you for your amazing support of this effort! After all was carefully accounted for, the Team Boys eeked out a victory over Team Girls. Final count was 684 items vs. 610 items, but, more importantly, our students are able to generously help their neighbors in need.
- Silver Santa: Thank you for your sponsorship of local senior citizens! We will take eight very-full baskets to the Thorndale Police Department, to be delivered later this week throughout our community.
- Thorndale Youth Basketball League has dropped off registration forms to the office for the upcoming season. League is for students in Grades 1-6. Registration is due after the first of the year. Tryouts are Saturday, JAN 13. See form for more information.
- We give thanks! With God’s blessings and help from many wonderful supporters, Little Blessings completed its fifth annual fundraiser by donation $33,500 to St. Paul. The Little Blessings Board of Directors would like to thank everyone who helped in any way to make these five events successful. A special thank you to the anonymous donor who pitched in $1,000 this year to ensure a cumulative five-year profit reached our unofficial goal of $150,000. Sincerely, The Little Blessings Board of Directors