Weekly Newsletter 12/11/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
We have almost reached the halfway point of the school year! As we work through these last few instructional days, please encourage your child to continue to be diligent about their assignments, studies, and testing, to end the semester on a high note!
Speaking of high notes, the DVD’s from our recent Christmas Musical are here. These DVD’s contain all performances from the Friday, December 1 show. Copies are $5 each, and are available in the office while supplies last.
- Today: Collections begin for Thorndale Cares and Silver Santa! For more information: see below, see informational sheet sent home last week, see Praxi portal, see hard copies in office.
- Tomorrow: Deadline for applications for CT Foundation for Christian Education.
- Tomorrow: Lions host St. Paul, Serbin, in our home openers. JVG 3, JVB 4, VG 5, VB 6. Concessions will be open, but it takes Lion volunteers to make it work! Sign up HERE to help.
- Wednesday: Advent Vesper Worship Service at 7 PM. Students in grades K-8 will sing at the Worship Service. PTF will host a pre-service meal (nachos) at 6 PM in the East Wing. School families are asked to bring a dessert for the pre-service meal.
- Thursday: Grades 3-4 travel to Austin to see The Nutcracker. Look for additional details from your teacher this week.
- Friday: Last day for Thorndale Cares and Silver Santa donations.
- Friday: Basketball games were cancelled.
- Wednesday, DEC 20: Christmas Parties & noon release. Party details were sent home, are on the Praxi portal, or hard copies in the office. Gift exchange instructions should be sent from your teacher.
- Thursday, DEC 21 – Tuesday, JAN 2: Christmas Break
- Sunday, DEC 24 — Christmas Eve:
- 10:15 AM Worship Service – Only one service. There is no Early Worship, Sunday School, or Bible Class.
- 6 PM Christmas Eve Worship Service – Participating students should arrive to the East Wing BY 5:45 PM, dressed in their Sunday best.
- No Candlelight Worship Service.
- JAN 5-6: St. Paul Varsity Basketball Tournament. We welcome sponsors to help us make this event a success! Sponsor forms are available in the office or on the Praxi portal. Parents of Lion athletes should look for the concession work schedule soon!
NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- December tuition is now due. Please also pay any other fees, past due tuition, and lunch balances, as we work to close out the year.
- Faculty and Staff “Favorites” are available for anyone who may be shopping for gifts. See the file at Mrs. Fisher’s desk (you can snap a pic with your phone or request a copy). Or, email her to ask for lists to be sent home.
- Last call for cast pictures from the musical! Contact Mrs. Fisher to see what options are available for your child. Prints are $5 each. Payment is due now for any IOU’s.
- Looking for gift ideas for your student? Check our Lost and Found in the cafeteria! Won’t they be excited when they open up their very own lost jacket?!? Any items no picked up by DEC 20 will be donated to charity.
- Our Lions shine in this season of giving! Please help us encourage our students to grow in compassion and as Christian leaders by helping them with the following efforts:
- Thorndale Cares Food Drive: Students will collect non-perishable food items to be distributed to local families in need. This includes shelf-stable cans, boxes, jars, etc. It’s a Boys vs. Girls competition, where each donated item counts! Stuff your own bag from home (plastic bags/boxes are preferred for transport) and label for your team (“Boys” or “Girls”). Deliver to school next week, and watch the donations grow! Final count will be FRI, DEC 15 after school, and the winning team will be announced next week!
- Silver Santa: Families “sponsor” a local senior citizen by bundling a basket full of some of life’s basics, to be delivered to them by Thorndale Police Department. These seniors often have no local family or network for support or holiday cheer. A shopping list of suggested items is provided. This is a great opportunity for your student to help shop, select, and prep for someone in need. Package for easy transport and deliver to the office by DEC 15.
- Thorndale Youth Basketball League has dropped off registration forms to the office for the upcoming season. League is for students in Grades 1-6. Registration is due after the first of the year. Tryouts are Saturday, JAN 13. See form for more information.
Serving Him and You,