Weekly Newsletter 11/27/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
We interrupt our regularly scheduled school week to bring you Christmas Musical practice! Please keep an eye out for information from your teacher or the school regarding changes to class schedules, testing, or what to bring/where to be for our performances.Students have been working hard to perfect each step, each note, and each line in their efforts to share the true meaning of Christmas. We’ll see you later this week for the big show! P.S. Don’t forget your cookies! (See below/Note sent home today to explain.)
The Christmas Musical is almost here!
- PRE-K/MDO/KINDER — Remember, Kindergarten WILL NOT perform as part of the musical ensemble. Instead, they will perform separately before the musical, when Pre-K and MDO also perform. Kinder and Pre-K/MDO students will then sit with their families for the musical.
- MATINEE — Grades 1-8 will be a part of the matinee performance on Thursday. at 1 PM.
- BIG SHOW — The “big production” will be Friday. Doors open at 5:30 PM, with Pre-K/MDO and Kinder starting things off at 6 PM.
- WHEN TO ARRIVE — Pre-K/MDO students should report to the Pre-K 3 classroom in the portable at 5:30 PM. All other students should report to their classroom at 5:30 PM (unless otherwise instructed).
- BRING COOKIES! Immediately following the Christmas Musical is the “Great Cookie Reception” in the east wing, for all of our guests! All St. Paul families are asked to bring cookies before the show. 3rd Grade parents have reached a special milestone, and will host the reception, with directions and encouragement from experienced Lion parents. Don’t worry – a reminder and details will be sent home today.
- Today – Boys basketball practice 3:30 – 5:30 PM.
- Tonight – Deck the Halls @ 6:04 PM. Join us to turn the school into a winter wonderland! Pizza is served to feed our many worker bees. Students, families, and friends are welcomed! NOTE: Décor donations accepted! We need white lights, blue/white/silver PLASTIC ornaments, and fun things to hang from the ceilings.
- Tomorrow – Lion basketball season kicks off! Lions travel to Immanuel, Giddings. JVG at 3, JVB at 4, VG at 5, and VB at 6 PM. Departure from St. Paul at 1:45 PM.
- Thursday — Christmas Musical Matinee Performance at 1 PM (Grades 1-8 perform). This performance is a final dress rehearsal. Guests are welcomed, especially those who may not be able to see Friday’s show, or, who may not wish to travel at night. Please check in at school office upon arrival.
- Thursday — Girls basketball practice 3:15-5:15 PM.
- Friday — Christmas Musical (all students perform) Doors open at 5:30 PM, and show begins at 6 PM. Guests are welcomed to bring canned or non-perishable food items to donate towards the student efforts to support Thorndale Cares. Don’t forget to bring your cookies!
KEEP ON YOUR RADAR:
- DEC 8-18 — Thorndale Cares and Silver Santa charitable drives at school. Details soon!
- Wednesday, DEC 20 — Christmas Parties & Last Day of the Quarter (noon release)
- DEC 21 – JAN 2 — Christmas Break
- JAN 5-6 — St. Paul Varsity Basketball Tournament
- It is time to prepare for our Christmas Eve worship service. This service is led by St. Paul students. In order to write the script and begin to practice, we must know which students are planning to participate. Please check backpacks today for a permission form – complete and return by THURSDAY, so that we may begin to prepare.
- CT Foundation for Christian Education has announced applications may be made for scholarships (approximately $250 per student) for Christian education. Given the recent news regarding Luminant, we know many of our families may be concerned with tuition expenses. Scholarship applications are available in the office, or, I am happy to confidentially send a copy home with your student. Applications should be returned to the school office no later than Tuesday, DEC 12.