Weekly Newsletter 11/13/17
We are saddened by the news of the passing of Novaline Woelfel this morning, a lifelong member of St. Paul and beloved grandmother to our own Mr. Moss (and great-grandmother to three Lion students). Grandmothers are extra-special gifts to us, and we give thanks for and celebrate the love and life of both Mrs. Woelfel and Mrs. Kalbas’ grandmother, who passed away last week. It is a blessing to have strong connections through these generations of families, and we pray for peace and comfort in the coming days. Arrangements for Mrs. Woelfel are pending at this time.
Mr. Moss is out of the office today with family. This is a quick recap of important dates and announcements.Friday – School is out at 3:45 PM (regular time). Repeat – we get out at 3:45 PM on Friday. It is NOT an early release.
Next Week – Thanksgiving Break (no school).
- Monday, NOV 27 – Deck the Halls @ 6:04 PM. We come back to school for just one day before we turn it into a winter wonderland! Pizza is served to feed our many worker bees getting St. Paul ready for Christmas. Students, families, and friends are welcomed!
- Tuesday, NOV 28 – Lion basketball season kicks off! Lions travel to Immanuel, Giddings. JVG at 3, JVB at 4, VG at 5, and VB at 6 PM. Look for travel form coming home tomorrow!
- Thursday, NOV 30 — Christmas Musical Matinee Performance (K-8 perform) This performance is a final dress rehearsal. Guests are welcomed, especially those who may not be able to see Friday’s show, or, who may not wish to travel at night. We may have students visit from other schools, too!
- Friday, DEC 1 — Christmas Musical (all students perform) Doors open at 5:30 PM, and show begins at 6 PM. Stay tuned for details regarding prop and costume help, “what your student needs to wear,” and the Great Cookie Reception!
- DEC 11-18 — Thorndale Cares and Silver Santa charitable drives. Details soon!
- Wednesday, DEC 20 — Christmas Parties and Last Day of the Quarter (noon release)
- DEC 21 – JAN 2 — Christmas Break
- JAN 5-6 — St. Paul Varsity Basketball Tournament
More students seem to have picked up “something” going around, or are battling allergies. For the health and wellbeing of our students and staff (and our families at home), keep in mind the following policies:
- If your student is running a fever, they must be fever free for 24 hours without medication, before they can come back to school.
- Students with a fever (100.4 or higher) or who vomit at school will be sent home.
- If your student receives a positive strep diagnosis, they must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Please notify the school office for any diagnosis such as strep, flu, lice, etc. so that we may be aware of the issue and watch for other cases here at school.
- Any medications, including inhalers and cough drops, must be in original packaging and delivered to the office. Clearly label with student name and specific dosing directions.