Weekly Newsletter 11/6/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
Wow! I am so thankful to serve in a school where the families are active in their faith and willing to participate in school activities. I hope you enjoyed the kids singing at the early service as much as I did. Congratulations to Jordin on his baptism, as well as his classmate Alayna, who was baptized earlier this school year.
As we celebrated a baptism, we also recognized All Saint’s Day and our brothers and sisters in Christ who passed way in the previous year. After church, we were met with the news of the terrible tragedy in Sutherland Springs. Unfortunately, the impact of the incident was felt here at home, as one of our own St. Paul families had relatives at the church. Please hold Amador Baggerly (Pre-K 4) and his family close in your prayers this week, as they face the unimaginable.
CHILI SUPPER WEEK:
- Double check the final work schedule to confirm your shift.This is an “all (Lion) paws on deck event” and every volunteer shift is vital to our success. Schedule is posted on the Praxi portal and copies are available in the office.
- Please bring your items to school. Bring one door prize ($5 or less) per STUDENT and one cake, or two pies, or homemade ice cream, or $20 per FAMILY (desserts may be brought next Tuesday). You may also bring directly to set-up Tuesday.
- Additional needs you may bring include: silent auction items, children’s games prizes, quart and pint jars with lids, and additional donations to offset expenses.
- Set-up is TOMORROW immediately after school (load up from St. Paul and head over to Fireman’s Hall).
- Questions about the schedule/items/needs? Contact the Chili Support Co-Chairs Lindsey Daniell (512) 269-8605 firstname.lastname@example.org or me in the School Office.
- Tomorrow: Chili Supper set-up immediately after school (until ? PM). Load up at St. Paul and unload/set-up at Fireman’s Hall. Many hands make light work, and we especially welcome students, all families, and friends!
- Tomorrow: Boys basketball practice from 3:30-5:30. Boys can practice while parents help with Chili Supper set-up. Coach Gerren invites the boys to head over to the Fireman’s Hall to help with any last minute needs after practice.
- Wednesday: Chili Supper at Fireman’s Hall. 5-8 PM. Live auction at 6:30 PM. Stay tuned to the St. Paul Facebook page for sneak peeks of the class auction projects!
- Friday: Sky Ranch essays are due to the office. NO EXCEPTIONS for late entries! Essay topic is to, “Describe how Jesus is transforming you.”
NOTES AND REMINDERS:
- November tuition is due. Please also make sure your lunch account and any past due fees (for after school program, football jersey, etc.) are also paid in full.
- Important dates to have on your radar:
- Thanksgiving Break – NOV 20-24 (no school)
- Deck the Halls – Monday, NOV 27 @ 6:04 PM. Pizza is served. St. Paul families get the school ready for Christmas!
- Christmas Musical – Friday, DEC 1 (all students perform)
Serving Him and you,