Weekly Newsletter 10/30/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
It’s was great to see everyone at one of the many weekend events or celebrations! From the 5K/1K, to Little Blessings and the Child Watch event, to the Reformation Celebration Worship services, it was a perfect weekend to reflect on God’s grace and blessings upon us.
In this, a season of thanksgiving, we are grateful for the support and encouragement of our school families and friends. One of our most notable opportunities for your kind support is upon us – it’s Chili Supper time!
- The parent work schedule and other important information was sent home. It is also posted on the Praxi portal, and copies are available in the office. The event runs in Lion power, and every shift is vital to a successful event!
- Now’s the time to kick things into high gear and bring your items to school. Items for each student/family to bring to the school office:
- One door prize ($5 or less) per STUDENT
- One cake, or two pies, or homemade ice cream, or $20 per FAMILY (desserts may be brought next Tuesday)
- Additional needs that our supremely awesome school families and St. Paul friends may bring:
- Silent auction items
- Children’s games prizes
- Quart and pint jars with lids
- Additional donations to offset expenses
- Questions about the schedule/items/needs? Want to arrange a donation pick-up? Contact the Chili Support Co-Chairs Lindsey Daniell (512) 269-8605 firstname.lastname@example.org or Courtney Fisher in the School Office
- Set-up is NEXT TUESDAY immediately after school (load up from St. Paul and head over to Fireman’s Hall). Join us and see if we can beat our record time from last year’s set up! Students welcomed!
- Today: Boys basketball practice begins today! Boys will practice on Mondays from 3:30-5:30.
- Tomorrow: Happy Halloween! St. Paul students do not wear costumes to school during the day. Instead, we invite you to join us for a Trick-or-Treat walk! St. Paul families and our many friends are welcomed to join us tomorrow evening.
- We will meet here in the school parking lot after 5:30 (great place to park your vehicle).
- A group picture will be taken at 6 PM on the dot, and then we head out in groups to visit neighborhoods northwest of the school.
- Groups walk at their leisure, so make as much of the night as your little pumpkin can handle.
- Be sure to stop by Mrs. Melcher’s house on 5th Street from 5:30-7 PM, to see what treats the 7-8 Graders have for you!
- Keep an eye on the skies and plan accordingly, as we walk rain or shine.
- Wednesday: Students in Grades 1/3/5/7 will have hearing and vision testing by the Parish nurse.If your child wears glasses, please be sure they have them with them.
- PSIA practices can start as early as Wednesday! Please see information from your student’s coach or the PSIA directors regarding practice dates and times. Practice details will also be posted on the PSIA information board in the cafeteria, and in the PRAXI portal.
- Thursday: School picture retakes. If you wish to try, try again for that perfect smile, please bring your ENTIRE ORIGINAL ORDER or PROOF SHEET. The photographer enters orders directly into her camera at the time of the picture. This is the only way she can confirm that the same package is ordered with the new image.
- Thursday: Girls basketball practice begins. Girls will practice on Thursdays from 3:15-5:15 PM.
- Sunday: Pre-K 3 – 8th Grade sings at the 8 AM Worship Service. This will allow our students to minister to our early service attendees, as well as celebrate with 3rd Grade St. Paul student Jordin Morgan, on the occasion of his Holy Baptism.
- Next Tuesday: Chili Supper set-up immediately after school (until ? PM).Load up at St. Paul and unload/set-up at Fireman’s Hall. Many hands make light work, and we especially welcome students, all families, and friends!
- Next Wednesday: Chili Supper at Fireman’s Hall. 5-8 PM. Live auction at 6:30 PM. Stay tuned to the St. Paul Facebook page for sneak peeks of the class auction projects!
NOTES AND REMINDERS:
- Please wash and return volleyball uniforms to the school office.
- Sky Ranch Camp scholarship essays are due to the school office by NOV 10. No exceptions for late entries. Essay topic is to, “Describe how Jesus is transforming you.” An informational letter with more details was sent home last week (copies in the office). Keep in mind this is due just after Chili Supper!
Serving Him and You,
Mr. Moss, Principal
St. Paul Lutheran Church and School