Weekly Newsletter 10/10/17
Dear St. Paul Families and Friends,
The end is in sight! Thank you for hanging on for this last week of the quarter. As things wind down, it’s important to stay on top of assignments, due dates, and test preparations, in order to end the quarter on a high note! Your diligence as a family for both school work and the many opportunities for involvement are crucial to growing strong, Christian leaders.
- This Week: Turn in your Box Tops, Lion Gear orders, and Food Drive Donations!
- Today: Varsity volleyball practice 4:15-5:45 PM.
- Tomorrow: DEADLINE for PSIA participant sign up forms. No exceptions to deadline. If you signed a form, please confirm with your child that they turned it in (speaking from experience). Forms and information were sent home with students, and are available on the Praxi portal under “Other>Resources.”
- Tomorrow: Lions travel to Immanuel, Giddings for Volleyball games ONLY (last volleyball games of the season, excepting state tournament). Varsity at 4 PM and JV at 5 PM. Departure 2:45 PM from the cafeteria.
- Wednesday: Pre-K and MDO travel to the Pumpkin Patch! See details and instructions from the teachers.
- Wednesday: Varsity Volleyball practice 4:15-5:45 PM.
- Friday: Lion Gear order deadline (see details below).
- Friday: Last day to donate to Pack Pals Breakfast Food Drive(see details below).
- Friday: Noon release for all students (end of the first quarter). No lunch, no Pre-K in the afternoon, and no After School program.
- Friday–Sunday: Camp Lone Star Retreat (see details from Pr. Aaron).
- October 16-20: Happy Fall Break! The School Office will be closed for the week, and the Church Office will only be open daily 9 AM-1PM.
- October 23: Last Day for Box Tops to the classroom (see details below).
- October 23-25: No-Carve pumpkin due for contest (see details below).
NOTES AND REMINDERS:
- PSIA Sign-Up Deadline Tomorrow: PSIA informational packets and registration forms were sent home and are available on the Praxi Parent Portal. Return registration forms by the deadline to the School Office. Volunteer coaches are still needed for the following subjects – Impromptu Speaking – Grades 7-8 and Ready Writing – Grades 3-8. Email Kristi Gonzales or Ms. Cavage for more information or to volunteer!
- Pack Pals Breakfast Food Drive this week: The Pack Pals organization packages ready-to-serve, individual portions for students who may not have enough to eat over the weekend. They need our help with BREAKFAST ITEMS for students of all ages. Our Breakfast Food Drive will run OCT 6-13. Please send: granola bars, breakfast bars, Pop-Tarts, individual-sized cereal boxes, instant oatmeal, etc. and place in the collection boxes in the cafeteria.
- We have one last Lion Gear order for the year! Popular items have been brought back, and we have added some new things by request. It’s a quick turnaround, though. Order deadline is FRIDAY, so we can have items back by mid-November. Forms available in the office. Keep holidays, cooler weather, and basketball season in mind when ordering.
- It’s time to turn in your Box Tops! Classes will compete to see who can bring in the most Box Tops by OCT 23. Turn in trimmed, non-expired, and packaged Box Tops (in small baggies by quantity of 50) to the classroom. If fewer than 50 in a bag, please label with quantity. It’s a little work for a big reward and an easy-peasy fundraiser for St. Paul. Many thanks to the grandmas, aunts, co-workers, and neighbors who also contribute!
- October tuition is due. Please note that the automatic invoicing system sends families an invoice for only the monthly tuition billing on your contract. It does not include past due amounts, after school charges, or lunch. Families are encouraged to log in an check Praxi to ensure that all accounts are up-to-date (including lunches), especially before the hustle-and-bustle of the next few weeks and months.
- Parent-Teacher conferences have been set. Hard copies will be sent home with students, or the schedule can already be found in Praxi. These are required, scheduled meetings between parents and teacher(s) at the end of the first quarter. Parents will receive their child’s first quarter report card at this meeting. Should you have a conflict with your scheduled appointment, please contact me in the school office to discuss options. Do not contact the teacher to reschedule.
- Chili Supper will be here soon! Look for the first round of information this week, as we start to plan our one-and-only, super-duper, all-Lion-paws-on-deck FUNdraiser!
- NO-CARVE PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST: Each student is encouraged to bring a NON-CARVED, decorated pumpkin to display in the school. They can be brought after our Fall Break, delivered to school OCT 23-25. A contest will take place on OCT 25, with the favorites to be determined by the students by grade. Winners announced in chapel! Students are not required to participate. Parents may help, but it’s a contest for our students and their creativity! There are only TWO RULES that MUST BE FOLLOWED:
- Absolutely NO PART OF THE PUMPKIN MAY BE PIERCED, CARVED, OR CUT, to keep pumpkins from spoiling.
- NOTHING SCARY, WICKED, DEMONIC, GUNS, KNIVES, ETC. Think book characters, movie characters, painted, bedazzled, glue gunned galore!
- ST. PAUL REFORMATION RUN: Join us for a 5K Run/Walk and Kids 1K on Saturday, October 28. It’s a celebration of the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation, calling the church then, and reminding us now, to reflect on our faith and actions, and remember that it is All About Jesus. Forms in the office, or register online.
- RSVP FOR CHILD WATCH BY OCT. 27: St. Paul will offer a supervised Child Watch for potty-trained toddlers and older. Child Watch is Saturday, OCT 28 here at the gym from 5 PM-12 AM. Many families who plan to attend the Little Blessings Giveaway typically make use of this event for their babysitting needs, but it is open to any family who would like to take part! Details, including cost, what to bring, etc. is on the registration form in the office. RSVP deadline (either form/payment or email RSVP) is OCT 27.
Serving Him and You,