October 4, 2017 Midweek Trinity XVI “Don’t lose heart” Ephesians 3:13-21 – Pastor Clint K Poppe
We’re busy growing Christian leaders around here, and that means our to-do lists and calendars are full. Join me in a deep breath, and maybe an extra cup of coffee, as we take advantage of these fabulous opportunities for our kids!
P.S. It takes me a month or so to get to know our newest Lions, and tearfully accept that everyone else has grown up and moved to the next classroom. As a parent who never had the chance to see her kids in the school setting (when my previous career kept me away), I cannot tell you how much cherish the opportunity to witness how all of our kids have grown and how they SHINE with the love of Jesus.
- Today: Lions host St. Paul, Brenham (last home games of the season and last football game). JV Volleyball at 4 PM and Football at 5 PM. Varsity will cheer at both games. At this time the concession stand is looking lonely. Please jump in and help if you can! Concession sign ups HERE.
- Friday: DEADLINE to register for Camp Lone Star Retreat. A generous family has offered sponsorships for children to attend! If your child is still interested in attending, and could benefit from the sponsorship, please contact Pr. Aaron today.
- Sunday: Grades 4-8 will sing at the 10:15 AM Worship Service. Students should go upstairs to sit as a student choir for the start of the service. They will return to sit with families later in the service. We love to hear this special ministry and sweet voices!
- Next Tuesday: DEADLINE for PSIA participant sign up forms. No exceptions to deadline. If you signed a form, please confirm with your child that they turned it in (speaking from experience). Forms and information were sent home with students, and are available on the Praxi portal under “Other>Resources.”
- Next Tuesday: Lions travel to Immanuel, Giddings for Volleyball games ONLY (last volleyball games of the season, excepting state tournament). Varsity at 4 PM and JV at 5 PM. Travel forms were sent home yesterday, and are due Monday.
- Next Friday: Lion Gear order deadline (see details below).
- Next Friday: Noon release for all students (end of the first quarter). No lunch, no Pre-K in the afternoon, and no After School program.
- Next Friday–Sunday: Camp Lone Star Retreat (see details below).
- October 16-20: Happy Fall Break! The School Office will be closed for the week, and the Church Office will only be open daily 9 AM-1PM.
- October 23: Box Tops due to classroom (see details below).
- October 23-25: No-Carve pumpkin due for contest (see details below).
- We will have one last Lion Gear order for the year. Popular items have been brought back, and we have added some new things by request. It’s a quick turnaround, though. Order deadline is NEXT FRIDAY, so we can have items back by mid-November. Forms available at the concession today, or in the office. Keep holidays, cooler weather, and basketball season in mind when ordering.
- It’s time to turn in your Box Tops! Classes will compete to see who can bring in the most Box Tops by OCT 23. Turn in trimmed, non-expired, and packaged Box Tops (in small baggies by quantity of 50) to the classroom. If fewer than 50 in a bag, please label with quantity. It’s a little work for a big reward and an easy-peasy fundraiser for St. Paul. Many thanks to the grandma’s, aunts, co-workers, and neighbors who also contribute!
- October tuition is due. Please note that the automatic invoicing system sends families an invoice for only the monthly tuition billing on your contract. It does not include past due amounts, after school charges, or lunch. Families are encouraged to log in an check Praxi to ensure that all accounts are up-to-date (including lunches), especially before the hustle-and-bustle of the next few weeks and months.
- Parent-Teacher conferences have been set. Hard copies will be sent home with students next week, or the schedule can already be found in Praxi. These are required, scheduled meetings between parents and teacher(s) at the end of the first quarter. Parents will receive their child’s first quarter report card at this meeting. Should you have a conflict with your scheduled appointment, please contact me in the school office to discuss options. Do not contact the teacher to reschedule.
- Chili Supper will be here soon! Look for the first round of information next week, as we start to plan our one-and-only, super-duper, all-Lion-paws-on-deck FUNdraiser!
NOTES AND REMINDERS:
- PACK PALS BREAKFAST FOOD DRIVE STARTS TOMORROW: The Pack Pals organization packages ready-to-serve, individual portions for students who may not have enough to eat over the weekend. They need our help with BREAKFAST ITEMS for students of all ages. Our Breakfast Food Drive will run OCT 6-13. Please send: granola bars, breakfast bars, Pop-Tarts, individual-sized cereal boxes, instant oatmeal, etc. and place in the collection boxes in the cafeteria.
- RETREAT REGISTRATION DUE BY TOMORROW: Camp Lone Star Fall Retreat is OCT. 13-15! Registration packets are available in the School Office. Email Pr. Aaron for questions or more information, and stay tuned for plans and details from him next week for those who are attending.
- PSIA DEADLINE TUESDAY: PSIA informational packets and registration forms were sent home and are available on the Praxi Parent Portal. Return registration forms by the deadline to the School Office. Volunteer coaches are still needed for the following subjects – email Kristi Gonzales or Ms. Cavage for more information or to volunteer!
- Creative Writing – Grades 1-2
- Impromptu Speaking – Grades 7-8
- Ready Writing – Grades 3-8
- NO-CARVE PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST: Each student is encouraged to bring a NON-CARVED, decorated pumpkin to display in the school. They can be brought after our Fall Break, delivered to school OCT 23-25. A contest will take place on OCT 25, with the favorites to be determined by the students by grade. Winners announced in chapel! Students are not required to participate. Parents may help, but it’s a contest for our students and their creativity! There are only TWO RULES that MUST BE FOLLOWED:
- Absolutely NO PART OF THE PUMPKIN MAY BE PIERCED, CARVED, OR CUT, to keep pumpkins from spoiling.
- NOTHING SCARY, WICKED, DEMONIC, GUNS, KNIVES, ETC. Think book characters, movie characters, painted, bedazzled, glue gunned galore!
- ST. PAUL REFORMATION RUN: Join us for a 5K Run/Walk and Kids 1K on Saturday, October 28. It’s a celebration of the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation, calling the church then, and reminding us now, to reflect on our faith and actions, and remember that it is All About Jesus. Forms in the office, or register online.
- RSVP FOR CHILD WATCH BY OCT. 27: St. Paul will offer a supervised Child Watch for potty-trained toddlers and older. Child Watch is Saturday, OCT 28 here at the gym from 5 PM-12 AM. Many families who plan to attend the Little Blessings Giveaway typically make use of this event for their babysitting needs, but it is open to any family who would like to take part! Details, including cost, what to bring, etc. is on the registration form in the office. RSVP deadline (either form/payment or email RSVP) is OCT 27.