Notes from the Secretary 5/4/17
- Tomorrow: State-bound PSIA contestants and their siblings may leave at noon (without an absence) for travel. We pray for safe travels to and from Ft. Worth.
- Saturday: State PSIA competition at Texas Christian University. Go, Lions!
- Next Week: 6-8 Grade STAAR testing. See Middle School Madness for details.
NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Congratulations to our Lions who placed at our recent Field Day! Ribbons were awarded yesterday in Chapel. Check backpacks if you have not already seen them.
- Recap of the recent PTF Retreat is attached. Thank you to the many volunteers who work throughout the year to ensure the success of this organization!
- May tuition is due. Please also pay any installments for multi-student registration fees and bring lunch accounts current. (Lunch balances can carry over to the next school year in Praxi.)
- Graduation for Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, and 8th Grade is Thursday, May 18 at 5:30 PM (in the church sanctuary). PLEASE NOTE: This is a different start time than in previous years. There will be a cake and punch reception for all graduates and their families in the East Wing, immediately following the ceremony.
- We love Box Tops! Please continue to send your Box Tops to school, as our Coordinators, Lion Parents Mr. and Mrs. Schramm, will sort, cut, and submit throughout the year. A note from the Schramm’s: Saving Box Tops is easy, and when we all save, it adds up! Turn in your Box Tops throughout the year, as waiting until you have a large quantity typically means some of those have expired. June 1 is a BIG expiration date, so check your Tops and send now! Encourage your family and friends to save and submit, as we are happy to send them all in and help our school.
- St. Paul Vacation Bible School is June 5-9 from 9 AM – Noon daily. Registration information was sent home or is available in the office.
- St. Paul will host a basketball camp, led by Concordia High School’s (Austin) coaching team, June 12-16. Boys and girls entering grades 5-9 next year are welcome. Forms available in the office.
- May 6 – State PSIA Competition at TCU (Ft. Worth)
- May 11 — Grades 5-6 Field Trip
- May 12 — Kindergarten and 1st Grade Field Trip
- May 12 — 8th Grade Kickball Tournament
- May 15 — Grade 2 Field Trip
- May 17 — Confirmation Questioning
- May 18 — Graduation (Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, 8th Grade) at 5:30 PM – Reception to follow
- May 19 — Last Day of School — release at noon
- May 21 — Confirmation
- June 5-9 – Vacation Bible School
- June 12-16 – Basketball Camp at SPL for incoming 5-9th graders. Registration forms in office.
St. Paul Lutheran Church and School
101 N 3rd St., PO Box 369, Thorndale, TX 76577
Phone (512) 898-2711
Fax (512) 898-5298
My office hours are M-F, 7:30 am-1:00 pm and 3:00-4:00 pm