Notes from the Secretary 1/18/18
We’re doing our best to stay roasty-toasty up here, and looking forward to warmer temps by the weekend! Mornings may still be chilly, however, and we are still smack-dab in the middle of flu and strep season. Please ensure your students are dressed accordingly for the weather, and that they are healthy for school. Should there be multiple cases of any specific illness in a classroom, we will notify those parents directly.
Because this week’s schedule wasn’t already zany enough, this afternoon’s basketball schedule is as follows:
- Girls will only practice during PE. No after school practice today.
- JV Boys host South Austin Warriors at 4:30 PM. Cheerleaders will cheer.
- V Girls game has been canceled by the visiting team (so they will cheer for the boys’ game).
Keep in mind that all students should have a parent/guardian with them if they choose to stay for basketball games. Students should not be asked/expected to just stay for games without an adult here with them. Unsupervised students who are not playing that afternoon, cheering, or watching the game with an adult will be checked into the after school program. This allows us to keep all students safe and supervised, until they are in the care of a parent/guardian.
- Tomorrow: Concordia High School Spelling Bee (Grades 3-8). Spellers will eat lunch at 11 AM, and depart at 11:45 AM. Dress in Sunday best.
- Monday, JAN 22: Meeting for Washington, DC trip (Spring of 2019) at 6 PM in cafeteria. This trip will include our current Grade 6-7 students. At least one parent per student is asked to attend, as we discuss the new format of this optional opportunity.
- Tuesday, JAN 23: Lions host First Baptist, Caldwell. JV Girls at 3 PM, JV Boys at 4 PM, V Girls at 5 PM, V Boys at 6 PM. Sign-up for concessions HERE.
- Thursday–Friday, JAN 25-26: No Pre-K classes. Teachers will attend their annual educators’ conference.
NOTES AND REMINDERS:
- Registration forms for Milam County PONY (baseball and softball) are available in the office. Please see their website for turn-in dates or more information.
- Flyers for local karate instruction are available in the office.
- Concordia High School will host a Prospective Parent Dinner next Wednesday, JAN 24 at 6 PM. Their campus is located at 1500 Royston Lane, Round Rock, 78664. Register HERE.
- NEW TIME! Lunch for K-4th Grade students has moved up a bit, to accommodate the large number of students. Lunch will now begin at 11:25 AM for this group.
- Keep in mind that students participating in activities after school should be picked up at the scheduled end of the activity. Volunteer coaches are asked to not leave until all students are picked up, and we want to minimize their time waiting.
- Lion athletes/families should book their hotel room for the state tournament ASAP. Information was emailed to families or posted on BAND. Contact School Office for more information.