Notes from the Secretary 11/29/17
Our performers are putting the polishing touches on their show, and we are ready to welcome you!
It’s time for Jingle Bell Beach!
- Tomorrow’s Matinee – 1PM – Grades 1-8 Perform. Guests are welcomed! This show is perfect or fans of all ages that may enjoy a daytime show, with space to wiggle in their seats, or a safer drive in the sunshine. All guests are asked to enter/check in at the office upon arrival.
- Friday’s Big Show — Doors open at 5:30 PM. Show starts at 6 PM. All St. Paul students perform. There is no entry fee, as this show is our gift to the community. Invite your family, friends, and neighbors!
- When to arrive? Pre-K/MDO students should report to the Pre-K 3 classroom in the portable at 5:30 PM. All other students should report to their classroom at 5:30 PM (unless otherwise instructed).
- You can donate! Help out students kick off their season of giving with a food donation to Thorndale Cares. Canned goods/non-perishable foods can be dropped off at the doors as you enter.
- Photos and DVD’s will be available! Due to our sound and lighting equipment, there is NO VIDEO RECORDING allowed during the performance. Likewise, flash photography is discouraged, as it distracts performers. 4×6 prints of each class/group will be available for sale immediately following the show for $5 each. DVD’s will be sold as soon as we get them for $5 each (before or after the Christmas break).
- Don’t forget the cookies! Immediately following the Christmas Musical is the “Great Cookie Reception” in the east wing, for all of our guests! All St. Paul families are asked to bring cookies before the show. 3rd Grade parents have reached a special milestone, and will host the reception, with directions and encouragement from experienced Lion parents.
Christmas Eve Service permission forms (sent home this week). Please return to your student’s teacher by tomorrow, so that script prep and planning may begin.
Sky Ranch Camp registration form (sent home yesterday) is due tomorrow. Late entries for Sky Ranch will not be accepted by their scholarship committee.
Get your gift cards here! We will place an order for gift cards (purchased through the SCRIP program) for those of you who are thinking of holiday purchases or gifts. You get a card at full face value to use or to share, and we receive a rebate from the vendor! It’s a simple fundraising opportunity that comes in handy this time of year.
- An order will be placed this Friday, DEC 1, to arrive late next week. We will send home with your child (with your permission) next Friday, DEC 8, or let you know they are here for pick up. There are two convenient ways to place an order:
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com . Use the following code to place order: F3FL212137463. Please bring check or cash to school office.
- Use order forms in the school office. Please fill one out and leave cash or check.
DUE TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12:
CT Foundation for Christian Education has announced applications may be made for scholarships (approximately $250 per student) for Christian education. Given the recent news regarding Luminant, we know many of our families may be concerned with tuition expenses. Scholarship applications are available in the office, or, I am happy to confidentially send a copy home with your student. Applications should be returned to the school office no later than Tuesday, DEC 12.
KEEP ON YOUR RADAR:
- DEC 8-18 — Thorndale Cares and Silver Santa charitable drives at school. Details soon!
- Wednesday, DEC 20 — Christmas Parties & noon release. Details coming soon!
- DEC 21 – JAN 2 — Christmas Break
- JAN 5-6 — St. Paul Varsity Basketball Tournament. Sponsorships and volunteer opportunities available soon!
See you at the show!