Notes from the Secretary 10/26/17
Brrrr! Fall finally arrives tonight! Be sure to send jackets, hats, gloves, and all things warm and toasty with your child tomorrow. As long as the rain stays away, we will head out to enjoy the brisk outdoors! Our Lost and Found cabinet especially loves this time of year. Please label items with initials/name and make it a daily routine to ensure that everything that went to school makes its way home.
We give thanks to all St. Paul families (and friends!) for your above-and-beyond commitment and support of your children’s education, as evidenced by this week’s activities. From Box Tops to pumpkins, and long days topped off by Parent-Teacher Conferences, it’s been a week of encouragement and engagement, all directed towards growing great kids.
Be sure to check out our Facebook page later today for the complete list and pictures of the No-Carve Pumpkin Decorating Contest! Our esteemed judges, Police Chief Martin Jackson, TVFD Chief Eric Melde, and Justice of the Peace Pct. 4 Gary Northcott, carefully considered all 76 entries before designating 20 pumpkins as the cream of the crop.
- Tomorrow: The Concordia Players (from Concordia High School, Austin) will present their One Act Play at 2 PM in our gym. Families and friends of St. Paul are welcomed to attend, and encouraged to arrive in enough time to allow the show to start promptly at 2 PM. Guests should check in at the office upon arrival. If you attend the show, you may check your child out for an early release when the show is over (this will NOT count as an absence). Please sign your student out/request early release from the office after the show.
- St. Paul Reformation Run: 5K Run/Walk (9 AM) and Kids 1K (8:30 AM) on Saturday. It’s not too late to register! Forms in the office, or register online.
- Parents are welcomed and encouraged to volunteer with the 1K, especially to help keep our smallest Reformation Runners safe around the course.
- Childcare will be available in the gym after the 1K, for parents who are running the 5K.
- We know we’ll need to bundle up, but in the event of rain, the 1K and the 5K will be cancelled.
- St. Paul Child Watch: Child Watch is Saturday at St. Paul gym from 5 PM-12 AM. Little Blessings Giveaway attendees typically make use of this event for their babysitting needs, but it is open to any family who would like to take part! Registration forms are in the office or on the Praxi portal. Early registration is encouraged, but you may register and pay at the door.
- Reformation Sunday! This year, we will recognize the 500th Anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation. Please join us for a Celebration Worship at our 10:15 AM service, and don’t forget to wear red for the special day.
- Basketball practice begins next week! Boys will practice on Mondays from 3:30-5:30 and girls will practice on Thursdays from 3:15-5:15.
- PSIA practices can start as early as NOV 1! Please see information from your student’s coach or the PSIA directors regarding practice dates and times. Practice details will be posted on the PSIA information board in the cafeteria.
- Thursday, NOV 2: School picture retakes. If you wish to try, try again for that perfect smile, please bring your ENTIRE ORIGINAL ORDER or PROOF SHEET. The photographer enters orders directly into her camera at the time of the picture. This is the only way she can confirm that the same package is ordered with the new image.
- Sunday, NOV 5: Pre-K 3 – 8th Grade sings at the 8 AM Worship Service.This will allow our students to minister to our early service attendees, as well as celebrate with 3rd Grade St. Paul student Jordin Morgan, on the occasion of his Holy Baptism.
NOTES AND REMINDERS:
- Please wash and return volleyball uniforms to the school office.
- It’s Chili Supper time! The parent work schedule and other important information was sent home this week. It is also posted on the Praxi portal, and copies are available in the office. Things for families to bring to the school office:
- One door prize ($5 or less) per STUDENT
- One cake, or two pies, or homemade ice cream, or $20 per FAMILY
- Silent auction items
- Children’s games prizes
- Quart and pint jars with lids
- Additional donations to offset expenses
- Sky Ranch Camp scholarship essays are due to the school office by NOV 10.
No exceptions for late entries. Essay topic is to, “Describe how Jesus is transforming you.” An informational letter with more details is being sent home today.
St. Paul Lutheran Church and School
Phone (512) 898-2711