Notes from the Secretary
We have a few important notes as we prepare for our seasons of thanks and giving! Please take a few minutes to check the lists, to be sure your family is ready to roll though the next few weeks:
NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- CT Foundation for Christian Education has announced applications may be made for scholarships (approximately $250 per student) for Christian education. Given the recent news regarding Luminant, we know many of our families may be concerned with tuition expenses. Scholarship applications are available in the office, or, I am happy to confidentially send a copy home with your student. Applications should be returned to the school office no later than Tuesday, DEC 12.
- Basketball uniforms have been/are being distributed. Boys’ were sent home yesterday, and girls’ uniforms will go home today. This includes a pair of shorts and two jerseys. Please have your Lion try on their uniform to check sizing, especially the jersey. (We are limited on options, so some of our Lions have jerseys that are a little big.) If they need to wear shirt under their jersey, it MUST match jersey color (blue on blue and white on white). Lions should bring both jerseys, and t-shirts, to each game.
- The Christmas Musical is almost here!
- I need to make a correction, with apologies, regarding our performers. Kindergarten WILL NOT perform as part of the musical ensemble. Instead, they will perform separately before the musical, when Pre-K and MDO also perform.Kinder and Pre-K/MDO students will then sit with their families for the musical.
- This means that only Grades 1-8 will be a part of the matinee performance on Thursday, NOV 30 at 1 PM. The “big production” will be Friday, DEC 1. Doors open at 5:30 PM, with Pre-K/MDO and Kinder starting things off at 6 PM.
- Immediately following the Christmas Musical is the “Great Cookie Reception” in the east wing, for all of our guests! All St. Paul families are asked to bring cookies before the show. 3rd Grade parents have reached a special milestone, and will host the reception, with directions and encouragement from experienced Lion parents. Don’t worry – a reminder and details will be sent when we get back after Thanksgiving!
- The Thorndale Chamber of Commerce has a Christmas Poster Contest for Pre-K through 5th Grade students. Information is being sent home today. You’ve got to work on it over the break, though! Poster entries are DUE to school office onMonday, Nov 28, and, yes, they may be religious in nature.
- Today – Girls basketball practice 3:15-5 PM. Parent meeting at 5 PM. Please try to ensure at least one parent is here for this short meeting with Coach Cavage regarding team assignments.
- Tomorrow – Basketball travel forms are due.
- Tomorrow – School is out at 3:45 PM (regular time). It is NOT an early release.
- Next Week – Thanksgiving Break (no school). Limited hours for church office.
- Next Wednesday – Thanksgiving Eve Worship Service at 7 PM.
- Monday, NOV 27 – Christmas Poster Contest entries due to the office.
- Monday, NOV 27 – Deck the Halls @ 6:04 PM. We come back to school for just one day before we turn it into a winter wonderland! Pizza is served to feed our many worker bees getting St. Paul ready for Christmas. Students, families, and friends are welcomed! NOTE: Décor donations accepted! We need white lights, blue/white/silver PLASTIC ornaments, and fun things to hang from the ceilings. Please send to school/bring by the 27th.
- Tuesday, NOV 28 – Lion basketball season kicks off! Lions travel to Immanuel, Giddings. JVG at 3, JVB at 4, VG at 5, and VB at 6 PM.
- Thursday, NOV 30 — Christmas Musical Matinee Performance at 1 PM (Grades 1-8 perform). This performance is a final dress rehearsal. Guests are welcomed, especially those who may not be able to see Friday’s show, or, who may not wish to travel at night. Please check in at school office upon arrival.
- Friday, DEC 1 — Christmas Musical (all students perform) Doors open at 5:30 PM, and show begins at 6 PM. Guests are welcomed to bring canned or non-perishable food items to donate towards the student efforts to support Thorndale Cares.
KEEP ON YOUR RADAR:
- DEC 11-18 — Thorndale Cares and Silver Santa charitable drives at school. Details soon!
- Wednesday, DEC 20 — Christmas Parties & Last Day of the Quarter (noon release)
- DEC 21 – JAN 2 — Christmas Break
- JAN 5-6 — St. Paul Varsity Basketball Tournament